Position: Plant Manager
Salary: $80-110k+ (commensurate with experience)
Our client, an innovative beverage manufacturing company located in Forestport, NY is seeking a Plant Manager to oversee day to day plant operations. Excellent opportunity to be part of a visionary leadership team looking to build a strong, employee centric company. The Plant Manager will be responsible for increasing efficiencies, reducing costs, and continuous improvement. This is a great opportunity for someone with significant manufacturing experience, strong problem solving skills and leadership qualities. The Plant Manager will directly supervise 6-8 employees and must have excellent communication skills.
- Responsible for leading efforts to improve plant efficiencies
- Direct and manage plant operations for production, maintenance, quality and shipping and receiving.
- Responsible for MRP reporting and building best practices for inventory control
- Coordinate plant activities through the planning with departmental managers to insure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Analyze production and make recommendations for improvement
- Develop and control profits, plans, and budget.
- Implement cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, manpower, wages and salaries.
- Manages capital asset maintenance.
- Establish and monitor overall plant performance for production and quality standards.
- Control and minimize labor overtime, premium freight and repair expenses.
- Maintain existing plant facilities and equipment; replace, or make adjustments to plant facilities and equipment when necessary.
- Provide leadership and training to accomplish the company goals and objectives.
- Implements and maintains preventative maintenance programs.
- Incorporates shop floor organization and plant cleanliness among plant personnel.
- Progressive experience in manufacturing required; experience in manufacturing in the food & beverage, dairy or filling industries preferred
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of manufacturing equipment maintenance and repair (electronics, inverters, motors, compressors, generators, hydraulics etc.)
- Successful track record of making recommendations and implementing procedures to improve efficiencies
- Leadership skills and the ability to effectively communicate and delegate tasks